As the Academic Session 2015-2016, draws to a close, I warmly express my personal thanks and appreciation to all the parents, well-wishers, teachers and students. I am proud to be the principal of such a dynamic school and to work in the unique and beautiful town of Jamshedpur.
The development of the school over the past few years has been significant especially for the benefit of our students. We have renovated our buildings and appointed a few new teachers. We are currently in the process of implementing an Auditorium, E-Library and Language Labs. in the new building. Our school 's purpose is to educate the youth of this city, by offering our pupils a comprehensive education from LKG to Std.12, to take their productive place as leaders in the global community.
We believe that students, parents, and teachers all play a vital role in helping students reach their greatest potential. Students are encouraged to take advantage of the many resources and opportunities available to them including the library, computer labs, school clubs, athletic offerings and student 's council.
Ultimately, each student will gain from their life at school according to the effort they apply. A student who is taught discipline will learn the power of self-control. The parents and school authorities together can instil proper discipline and basic values in the children while preparing them academically for their future. Respect for one 's elders, especially the teachers and a commitment to discipline are engraved in Indian culture.
We continually improve the tools of communication, giving our parents access to SMS and website facilities where they can get information about the school and their children 's academic achievement. You are encouraged to regularly check our website and read about our exciting academic and co-curricular activities.
Our children represent our hopes and dreams. As a parent, you want the best for your child and we are proud to be working with you to ensure that they are given the right knowledge to face future challenges.
Here at St. Mary's we strive to create an atmosphere of reverence for education. In order to do this, the parents and the school authorities must work together. It is compulsory for the parents to attend the Parents - Teachers Meetings. The students feel encouraged when their parents attend P.T. Meetings and school events like Annual Sports and Prize Nights.
Here are a few reminders as we are on the threshold of the New Academic Session.
1. The students are expected to be punctual at all times. The school gates will be closed as soon as the Assembly starts. The school is not responsible for late - comers who wait outside the school gates. Late - comers have to go home.
2. Students have to be neatly and decently dressed in the proper school uniform. Girls should have two plaits and boys should have a proper haircut. Short skirts and low waist narrow trousers are not allowed. Make up and mehendi are strictly prohibited.
3. To promote environmental awareness, polythene bags, junk food poly packs and cold drink bottles are not allowed. Please ensure that your child carries his/her food and water in a proper tiffin - box and water bottle.
4. Parents are required to prepare home cooked food and not pack readymade junk food as tiffin. Parents will not be allowed to drop off the tiffin during the school hours. Your child is capable enough of carrying his/her own tiffin.
5. All Project related work, should be submitted on time by the students. Parents are advised to remind the students to submit their projects on time. Students are not allowed to phone from the school to ask their parents to drop off the school work.
6. Using slang language, fighting and misbehavior within the school will incur strict disciplinary action. Respect for the school property, teachers, sub staff and fellow students is required from a well brought up child.
7. Use of cell phones, any type of electronic hardware and two - wheelers is strictly prohibited.
8. Parents are allowed to meet the Principal/Vice Principal between 8:30 am to 9:30 am on working days only. Meetings with teachers are allowed with a prior appointment by the teacher concerned.
9. Due to the salary revision of the teachers, the school fees will be raised nominally.
10. The school fees have to be paid at the Indian Overseas Bank counter in the Senior Block campus or at IOB, Bistupur branch from the 9th to 19th of every month. Please note, the bank counter will be closed on the 2nd & 4th Saturday of every month, as per the norms of the bank.
11. All dues have to be cleared at the end of every Academic session. Please do not wait for the last date to pay the school fees.
12. Library books have to be returned intact and on time. All projects have to be submitted on or before the dates given by the respective teachers. Defaulters will not be allowed to answer the term end exams. Lastly, at St. Mary's we create an atmosphere which will evolve a theme - Every day brings new choices, choose to make a positive difference.
I look forward to working with you and your children during the 2016-2017 school year. Please do not hesitate to contact me; our continued success is dependent on your feedback.
Wishing you a safe and happy Festive Season and all the best for the New Session!